WE ARE OFTEN ASKED HOW Designers WORK WITH HTE
Unlike other industry professionals such as architects and builders, the time and process of working with a custom integrator isn't as intuitive.
AT WHAT POINT IN THE PROCESS SHOULD HTE BE BROUGHT IN?
The earlier the better. Once we are hired you are assigned a dedicated project manager who reviews the plans to ensure there are no design or structural issues that will hinder or prevent us from providing the automation and electronic decor the client wants in the home. If there is, we work together with you, the architect, and builder to find a solution.
Being brought in early also allows us to properly communicate any construction requirements equipment may have. By establishing a mutual understanding of what each part of the project requires we can decrease expensive miscommunication and schedule efficiently.
The earlier we are brought in the better chance we have of disguising the design
Interior designer understand the need for technology, but large black screens and prominent speakers can often ruin their design. Luckily there are many established products and processes that allow us to disguise technology. When a pre-existing solution is not possible, we work closely with you, the contractor, to create a bespoke solution.
WHO BRINGS HTE IN?
We work with designers in many different ways
- Client Bring Us In
- Other Professional on the Project Brings Us In (Architect, Builder)
- Designers Brings Us In
- We operate as part of your firm
- You decide our level of customer interaction
- Since you are the client, we bill you and you bill the homeowner (unless otherwise arranged)
HOW DOES OUR Sales AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT WORK WITH YOUR TEAM?
You decide our level of
- We provide documentation of what we need from other professionals and where it is needed
- Electricians install all electrical (Common for motorized window treatments)
- Electricians install all high voltage lighting fixtures
- Electrician or HVAC install radiant floor heating
- HVAC install heating, cooling, and humidification systems
- Plumbers and Electricians install any electrically powered water or fire feature
- When we receive the lighting schedule, we will check the compatibility and functionality of the fixtures with the system
- This eliminates the purchase of expensive fixtures that provide sub-par performance
- We can provide custom lighting features
- We can provide lighting design services
- We can provide access to and sample of the full Lutron and QMotion motorized window treatment lines
- We actively troubleshoot any issues or changes that arise during the process
- We coordinate our installs and programming with the rest of the project professionals