Enhancing Green Living Through Electronic Control Systems
A "green home" is more than energy efficiency; one must look at the big picture. Participants in this course will discuss their unique perspectives on "going green", and methods and benefits of energy usage monitoring to reduce a home's carbon footprint.
Additionally, attendees will discuss the ways control systems can improve durability, and enhance health and comfort of occupants through HVAC, lighting and lighting control, automated shading, and smart appliances.
Participants will also discuss how a green home can be a comfortable and healthy environment for its occupants and how to work with a trained electronic systems professional in order to achieve clients' "green goals".
- Recognize importance of measuring results and making "being green" easy
- Define the Prius Effect
- List ways control systems can monitor and reduce energy usage, improve durability, and enhance health and comfort of occupants
- Define green benefits of control systems for: HVAC, lighting and lighting control, automated shading, and smart appliances
- Recognize impact on LEED for Homes
- Recognize the essential timeline for engaging an electronics professional in the design and build process
- AIA: 1.0 LU, (CIO034)- Health, Safety, & Welfare
- AIBD: 1.0 CEU (CIO034)
- IDCEC: 0.1 CEU, (102145)- Health & Safety l Sub Code: 5.6
- NAHB: 1.0 Cr Hr, (CIO034), Multiple
- NARI: 1.0 CEI (CIO034), All